Sunday 4 July 2021

Twinj: Meant to be: Episode 22

SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST UPDATES

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for all your love and affection for the story! It is highly appreciated! Also, I really enjoy seeing the story from your perspective, just as much as I love it when you all try and guess what might happen next. So please keep those coming, it spurs me on! Happy reading!

Twinj: Meant to be: Episode 22

A quick recap: The truth behind Tanisha being Kunj’s ‘fiancé’ is revealed. Even as Kunj begins to worry that Twinkle might not turn up at all, she makes an appearance, and Kunj, with a heavy heart, begins to discuss the terms of them parting ways. That is when Yuvi suggests that they get married.

Yuvi and Aditi watched Twinkle and Kunj look at each other awkwardly for just a split second before quickly looking away, fear written all over their faces. The two of them worked in perfect sync as they then glanced at Yuvi and then Aditi in disbelief before walking away in opposite directions. “I told you it wasn’t the right thing to do!” Aditi muttered, and Yuvi sighed. “Don’t worry. I don’t think it’s all over yet.” She assured him nevertheless, pointing at Twinkle for him to go and talk to her. She would try speaking to Kunj.

“Don’t try defending his action now, Aditi! Did neither of you realise what a blunder this was going to be? I’m positive Twinkle hates me now! As if having to drift away from her wasn’t too much for me to bear already!” Kunj complained when Aditi placed a hand on his shoulder. “Kunj, I’m sorry for how this turned out, but I am definitely not going to apologise for what Yuvi did back there. How much longer were you going to crib about unrequited love?” She spoke softly, her hand grabbing his when he turned to look at her. “Forever! At least I wouldn’t have lost her in a flash like that! She had even agreed to me dropping by her café when I felt like it! But Yuvi had to ruin everything!” He said, evidently angry and hurt.

“He didn’t ruin everything, Kunj. That is just you being pessimistic. Trust me, Twinkle probably needed this reality check to realise that Yuvi is right, that her marrying you would be a win-win for everyone, that she would finally be happy!” Aditi explained patiently, smiling a little when Kunj’s eyes began to brighten up a little at the ray of hope. “That won’t happen so easily, Aditi! She hasn’t ever thought of me like that!” Aditi giggled softly at that. “You said it yourself, Kunj! It isn’t easy, but that doesn’t have to mean it’s impossible! And I don’t think she hates you, for what it’s worth.” Kunj sniffled a little, grabbing a tissue from a nearby counter, before looking back at Aditi.

“Awww, aren’t you the sweetest, Kunj!” Aditi cooed, giving him a warm smile. “Do you think it is a possibility? Despite the odds?” He asked, his eyes flickering to where Usha was standing, and then to where Yuvi was schooling Twinkle just like Aditi was, him. “You know how Ma is! And then Twinkle – she has so many things going on, do you think I am the right choice for her? Do you think I deserve her?” He asked, sounding really unsure of himself. “Still not impossible, Kunj. I know there are a lot of things you should be considering, and honestly, Yuvi or I can’t be making decisions for you. We’ve done all we could, and will continue to, but you’ll have to do your bit too. Think it over, and when you realise that it is worth a shot, you’ll know what to do. Your heart will lead the way.” Aditi guaranteed him, her own eyes welling up with the sentiment he has just expressed towards Twinkle. She knew one other man just like him. Her Yuvi.

Meanwhile, Yuvi had to face severe resistance from Twinkle when he approached her. “I had told you never to bring this up again, Yuvi! Do you not realise how ridiculous this thought is in itself?” She said finally, her voice cracking, when she realised that he wouldn’t give up so easily. “Twinkle, I need you to hear me out, and answer me honestly, please.” He insisted, his eyes pleading. She inhaled sharply, and he knew that she would hear him out at the least now.

“Kunj is a really nice person. And I’m not saying this just because he’s so dear to me, and you know it! You are my best friend, and I really care for you. I know you’ve been suffering all alone ever since you left the Taneja Mansion. I know that although you may not accept it, but loneliness had been chipping away so much of your life that it hurts me to even watch! Mrs. Taneja has been after you for a while now after all, this could be a way out that will also be kinder on you! Kunj and you are good friends, to add the cherry on top!”

Twinkle threw Yuvi a look that clearly said “I don’t believe this!” Yuvi waited in silence for her response while she tried to figure out which of the arguments bubbling in her mind she should put forth first. “He is Usha Mam’s son, Yuvi! This is preposterous!” Yuvi smiled at that, annoying her some more. “What?” She demanded. “That is the biggest concern?” He asked, setting off a recap of her encounter with Tanisha and Kunj’s opinions on marriage before her eyes like it was happening right then. “It’s the smallest.” She mumbled, making Yuvi laugh some more.

“Stop it, Yuvi! This isn’t funny at all! Do you realise you’ve made it all really awkward for Kunj and I now? We won’t even be able to look at each other in the face, let alone pretend none of this happened and move on!” She protested, but Yuvi had probably already expected that, for he said, “You don’t have to move on from this. All you have to say is ‘yes’.” She sighed; her heart too glad at the proposition but she knew better than to accept it. “I know you care for me, Yuvi! And I really appreciate it! If it hadn’t been for you, I don’t even know if I would have been able to manage anything at all on my own. I owe you much of what I am today, but I can’t let you do this to Kunj for my sake.” She revealed her honest thoughts, trying her best to hide the sobs.

“But he l–” Yuvi began, catching himself in time. He couldn’t be the one revealing that to her; it was only Kunj’s right to do that. She looked at him curiously though, and when he chose to remain mum, she continued, “You already know that my life is a mess, Yuvi. What with Mr. and Mrs. Taneja’s continued dislike for me and me spiralling into my hole of negativity every now and then! There’s no way I could make someone else put up with all that just because I have no way out, Yuvi! I can’t be so selfish!” She said weakly, wishing desperately that she had a normal life, so that she could simply go with her heart.

“Is that what your heart says too?” Yuvi questioned, striking her heart in the right place. She looked up at him, dreading that her feelings for Kunj had been caught. Who else had known already? “Wh- what do you mean?” She stuttered, but Yuvi only smiled kindly at her. “You should be asking yourself that. Whatever it means to you, I’m referring to that. Think about it, Twinkle. Take all the time you want.” He said and she nodded, the tiny heart attack moment gone, so unlike her heap of worries. “You don’t have to worry about your past overshadowing all the happiness that the future holds for you. If you do agree to marry Kunj, it will be my responsibility to reveal all that is necessary about your fallout with the Tanejas to him. If you want, of course.” He said finally, winking at her before turning and leaving.

Twinkle didn’t have to be told to think about it, her mind already did too much of that. If she agreed to this seemingly impossible and crazy idea, it would solve the impending issue of Leela troubling her with pictures of prospective grooms, and probably would also mean that she didn’t have to worry about having nothing to say when people asked about her family. Kunj was, in every way, the perfect life partner she could ask for, she even liked him. Added to the fact that he had been so understanding, warm and kind, and most importantly, respectful of her and her insistent standards of independence and self-respect, even when he was evidently unhappy with the outcome.

But again, that would simply mean that she had failed to establish herself and her life on her own like she had so proudly claimed that she could and would when she had left home over two years ago. Wouldn’t it imply that their claims of her being worthless would be proven true? She couldn’t afford that at any cost! That had become the sole purpose of her life after all.

***********************

Twinkle had got to the café two whole hours earlier than usual that day. She hadn’t been able to fall asleep at all anyways. Her ‘Closed for the Day’ sign was up at the door, so she could be sure only Maya would come in. She heard her phone ring, and all she had to do was look at the clock to guess who it was. “Mrs. Taneja” she said into the phone – her standard acknowledgement and greeting for Leela. “Yes, I know.” She said next, following it with a set of other agreeing phrases that has become routine to her these days, before hanging up. Leela had been trying to get closer to Twinkle, but after all that had happened, the latter just couldn’t find the strength to drop her defences so easily.

She heard the door open right then, and returned her attention to the vase in front of her, giving it the finishing touch that had been interrupted by the phone call. “Look at this floral arrangement I made for the reception table! It’s called Ikebana – a Japanese art. I learnt it a couple of years ago, and always found it relaxing. You can take it with you later.” She said in a single breath, as she carefully picked up her handiwork and admired it before turning around to find a very familiar pair of eyes looking down at hers.

Kunj’s eyes then dropped to the flowers in her hands, and his awe of them was evident in the way his glance softened. “It’s beautiful.” He whispered, his eyes returning to hers. His “And so are you.” went unsaid, for he knew it wasn’t the right occasion. “Thanks” She whispered back, as if in a trance, her eyes never leaving his. She thought she had her thoughts sorted about the whole issue, she had been so sure that she was going to turn down the suggestion, but then he had turned up in front of her like that. And suddenly, she wasn’t so sure. “Tanisha!” She tried to remind herself, but it wasn’t working, not when on a chilly Monday morning, when she was surviving on almost no sleep, when he had chosen to stand so close to her and showed no signs of moving away.

He took the flowers from her when the water from the sponge she had used for her Ikebana began dripping onto the floor, and placed them right where he knew she placed the vase every day. She continued to watch him, all her inhibitions chucked to the back of her mind, but fighting to return nevertheless. He had obviously noticed though, and felt awkward to be on the receiving end of her attention for a change, so he cleared his throat awkwardly, snapping her out of her trance. She looked away, muttering curses to herself under her breath. “Thank you for –” she began, the words turning into a scream when she slipped on the water, but he caught her in time. As she focused on breathing deeply to calm herself down, she noticed his arms wrapped securely around her, a concerned look on his face.

She tried to free herself, but he didn’t seem to be in any mood to give in. Both their hearts were beating frantically, each worried that the other would hear it. “Kunj, let me go, please.” She whimpered, her eyes welling up as she was harshly reminded of all the hurtful things that had been said to her time and again. She forced herself to recall that she had decided to part ways with him, she was definitely not going to marry him. He shook his head in the negative right then, shocking her. This wasn’t doing any good for her. She could feel her resolve fading away fast. “Twinkle,” He spoke, his voice low but nervous and determined at the same time. “I care for you, I really do! I want to be there for you whenever you need someone to rely on, be it just for pep talk or for something as major as dealing with your inner demons. I want to make sure that you don’t feel left all alone. I want to support and stand for you. I –” He broke off when a tear rolled down her cheek, wiping it off gently. He had then decided to get right to the point. “Will you marry me?”

That’s it for now, you all!! Woohoo, Kunj has finally proposed! I hope you all would agree with Twinkle’s confused state of mind right now, she’s torn between what kept her going for so long, and what she knows that once she accepts, she will have to hold on to for life. Please tell me what you thought about it. Until next time, lots of love!!

The post Twinj: Meant to be: Episode 22 appeared first on Telly Updates.



7/04/2021 03:14:00 pmFilmSchoolWTFNo comments

0 comments: