Saturday 10 April 2021

#WorldSiblingsDay: TV siblings revelations about each other

SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST UPDATES

Being a sibling remains the same even when you are a celeb. From banters to brawls, here is what these TV celebs have to say about their siblings on the #WorldSiblingsDay.

Kritika and Tanya Sharma are a classic example of siblings following each other’s footsteps. While Kritika gained fame with her show Roop – Mard Ka Naya Swaroop, younger sister Tanya is also earning prominence with Sasural Simar Ka 2. Speaking about their relation, Tanya says, “I had never wanted to become an actor from childhood, but I saw the love my sister got from the masses, and I thought I would follow the same career. She taught me to be more professional on set and always have my lines ready.” She further adds adds, “We are not the typical lovey-dovey sisters. We fight like cats! At the same time, we know how to make up with each other, and move on like nothing happened. I can safely call our sisterhood a khatta-meetha one”.

Kritika says that having a sibling in the industry is a definite perk. “We understand each other’s work issues, erratic timings, etc. We are also each other’s worst critics and best supporters.” “As Tanya is a very strong person, she generally doesn’t show if she’s upset. But I understand and give her the space to heal. Later, when she’s okay talking about it, we discuss it over dinner. I am the ranter, and she is my listener. She lends a patient ear to all my rants, and is always there for me.” she says.

Although Mihika Varma from Yeh Hai Mohabbatein has left the industry and moved to USA, she still inspires and motivates ‘Nisha Aur Uske Cousins’ actor Mishkat Varma. “I have learned so many things from Mihika but the one rule I still follow is – ‘never be late on the set’. This habit has proved to be really beneficial for me. Even though she is a mother herself now, I will always be her first kid. She is that person who has never doubted my abilities and I think it was because of her confidence in me that I am doing so well in life today” shares Mishkat.

Mihika also considers Mishkat to be her Mr Dependable. “I found comfort in the industry, knowing that Mishkat was always around to understand the challenges of our work, like late timings, and faraway locations. Thankfully, neither of us had a bad reputation in the industry, or that could have negatively affected the other. From a brand perspective as well, having a sibling increases your brand equity for sure. I remember when I was quitting TV, and was ready to start a new life, he stood by me like a rock,” shares Mihika.

Ridhi Dogra from Maryada: Lekin Kab Tak is the younger sister of Akshay Dogra who is known for his role in Dil Hi Toh Hai. As Akshay is an introvert he considers Ridhi to be his link to the industry. “She is the one who tells me about the on-goings in the industry. The best part about having a sister in the industry is that we can sit and chat about issues we cannot discuss with others. My sister and I live in the same residential building, so whenever I feel stuck, I just bounce off to her place,” he says.

The post #WorldSiblingsDay: TV siblings revelations about each other appeared first on Telly Updates.



4/10/2021 04:14:00 pmFilmSchoolWTFNo comments

0 comments: