Friday 13 August 2021

Actor Sharad Kelkar opens up about his stammering problem; says ‘he was replaced from a show because of it’

SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST UPDATES

Actor Sharad Kelkar recently was seen on Maniesh Paul’s podcast. Sharad needs no introduction and is known for his role in several movies and shows. The actor who stunned everyone with his performance in movies like ‘Lakshmi Bomb’and ‘Tanhaji’, the voice behind Baahubali, talked about his personal life in a podcast with Maniesh Paul.

Sharad shared, “I used to stammer since I was a kid. We call our mothers ‘Aai’ in Marathi. I had a problem calling her ‘Aai’. I used to stammer. I used to feel pretty humiliated in front of my friends as well. They would say, ‘You’ll take two days to say it. Keep quiet’. I never could go on stage. I used to sing. But stammering was a problem in my life. I was however managing it somehow and going ahead. But when it came to acting, I thought if I stammer while doing a one-page scene, then life’s over. By that time, the voice I have, I didn’t realize and neither did people realize it. So I was replaced. And I took it happily. But then I thought of fixing it.”

Later Sharad bagged another show Sindoor Tere Naam Ka, “Then I met my wife (Keerti Kelkar). I am also lucky to have met a few wonderful people from my first show, who also helped me overcome it. While working in Sindoor, Jayati Bhatia, Kishore Shahane, Prachin, Sachin. They were very sweet to me. They worked very patiently with me. They gave me a lot of chances. My director was Pawan Sahu. He gave me a lot of opportunities. So I got motivated to overcome and thought there must be a solution to it.” he revealed.

Sharad then started observing Amitabh Bachchan’s breathing pattern while he speaks. He then started working on his stammer.

The post Actor Sharad Kelkar opens up about his stammering problem; says ‘he was replaced from a show because of it’ appeared first on Telly Updates.



8/13/2021 12:11:00 pmFilmSchoolWTFNo comments

0 comments: